In this show 043, I interview David Benzaquen Founder of PlantBased Solutions, a Vegan Food Business Strategist, brand management, and marketing agency for plant-based consumer product companies, headquartered in New York.
David started out in the business working for an animal protection non-profit and as a natural products broker but in 2012 founded the plant based business.
The company offers a range of services for pre-market startups through to huge global brands, including opportunity assessments, business planning and forecasting, new product development, market research, brand creation and a full range of marketing planning and execution.
David has also brought together a large network of angel investors keen to support plant-based businesses.
In this show he discusses:
• marketing, branding, product development, finance, operations
• Push marketing v pull marketing
• broker v agency model (scaling), revenue, overhead/expenses,
• The pros and cons of working with distribution companies and brokers
• Digital marketing, social marketing, in-store samplings or events
• Outsourced chief marketing officer – branding, distribution strategy, packaging design,
• using employees v outside contractors.
And much more
Visit the PlantBased Solutions website
Brands mentioned in the show roundup: