Young Nonprofit Leaders
Tiffany Canjura Latino Professionals America Association
Young Nonprofit Leader Tiffany Canjura, President of the Association of Latino Professionals for America and student at the University of Delaware.
What we will discuss on today’s show:
Tiffany Canjura is President of the Association of Latino Professionals for America at the University of Delaware.
How the organization helps its members either get internships, jobs or start businesses. The resources the organization provides.
The companies it partners with to get its members interviews. The various events the organization plans to provide their members for success in the business world.
We discuss the other activities Tiffany is involved that help her balance her leadership role. Her day to day at the Association and what she does in her role as President. We explore her personal story, the mission of the organization, lessons she has learned that we all can learn from. She discusses success, issues the students face a long with their challenges and to deal with them. We explore several entertaining points during our lightening round and staying in touch.
It’s exciting to note that several of the organizations members and the executive board are either thinking of or are in the process of starting their own business.
Looking for special resources to help start a business, generate ideas or help gain employment there are free premium resources at mitchellchadrow.com – Newsletter, Subscribe for Your Free Premium Resources
mitchellchadrow.com/incfile – to Start Your Business, LLC, S Corporation, C Corporation or a Non-Profit.
The association also prepares its members for the Business world in a number of ways.
helping with the interview process, coordinates networking events with companies like EY, Baker Tilly, J.P Morgan Chase, Bloomberg, Deloitte, KPMG .
Honest and raw business advice, holds a number of panels with individuals from various companies to share valuable lessons and success secrets. In the midst of at these events members are required dress either Business Casual or Business Professional Attire.
The Association teaches its members proper etiquette, formality, professionalism, networking skills as well as valuable lessons that prepare them for business life.
Tiffany is in the Lerner School of Business at the University of Delaware with a concentration in International Business, Business Management and Business Administration a minor in Advertising.
Its all about a balance as we focus on not only business but family and life – Tiffany is also extremely involved in her work as a lifeguard, Zumba instructor, social media ambassador, and marketing representative.
She is also actively involved in UDress Magazine, Entrepreneurship club, Women in Business club.
As President of the Association of Latino Professionals for America Tiffany Supervises the organizations Social Media accounts; Organizes Fundraisers and Events; Coordinates and collaborates with other on-campus organizations and helps Sponsers other campus events; Recruites new members; Engages with her staff and members; Organizes weekly club meetings; Posts club updates and notifications; Advertising Association events.
Insomnia Cookies – Campus Marketing Rep.
What we learned:
Tiffany I am sure you have an amazing story to tell all of us – so everyone its time for me and all the Trusted Friends out there to Listen Up – Tiffany
1. Personal Story – Tell us a little bit about your background and how it ties in to how you are helping people today.
2. Tell us about the mission and vision for your organization
As it relates to your members, prospective members or students either looking for internships, their first job or help starting a business:
3. What are the reoccurring themes that you experience as a young leader that you can summarize for the benefit of other aspiring, leaders or members looking for help and resources
to either startup, and grow a business or get experience as an intern or find a job.
4. What do you think are the most common mistakes your members or prospective members or students/(entrepreneurs/or students looking for internships or jobs) make that delay or prevent their success?
5. Can you give us some of the essential understandings members/entrepreneurs/students need to have the proper mindset to deal with the daily challenges they face?
6: Where does the drive come from to be successful and to make a difference in this world.
7: Tell us about your ACHIEVEMENTS
8: Resources for students to start their own business – from UD or other things you have used
9: When did you discover you were a business leaders/that you wanted to help other members and be resourceful
10) tells us about a challenging moment as a business leader / (owner or entrepreneur)
11) failure that has influenced and shaped you to who you are today
Your biggest failure?
1) What one thing Contributes most to your success
2) Best business advice that your organization has received at one of your events / If you had a bill board and could put anything on it what would it be – Be Yourself
3) Next the “audible inspirational book” which is sponsored by mitchellchadrow.com/audible – name a book that has helped you in either business family or life
4) What flaws have turned out to be strengths
5) App that you use to help you in business, family or life
6) A quote or mantra that you use to inspire and motivate
7) Less than $100 purchase that has impacted your life the most – business suit
8) Fun fact:
9) Worse advice being given to young entrepreneurs today –
10) When you think of the word successful what first name comes to your mind
11) What kind of systems do you have in your life
12) Two years from now what are you doing ?
starting a business llc, S corp. C Corp. non profit head on over to – MitchellChadrow.com/incfile
mitchellchadrow.com/trustsmarter or trustsmarter.com – For All Your Personal Relationships.
You can get all the show notes and links at show022.
The show is also sponsored by:
mitchellchadrow.com/iTunes – Provide an honest written review of the Listen Up Podcast in iTunes.
mitchellchadrow.com/amazon – Shop Amazon for all your shopping needs.
mitchellchadrow.com/audible – I love books and so do our guests. Start your Free 30 day trial and get one free download with your free 30 day trial.
Listen Up to our last Show with Michael Giangiordano II and get the show notes and resource links at mitchellchadrow.com/show021.
How can we discover more from Tiffany Canjura and the organizations that you lead (websites, offer URL’s, etc.)?